Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Self as All

Contention with a witnessed spirit

bent on destruction and salvation

thought to be better blessed

or maybe just perfect timing

dancer in the unconscious solvent

a cancer to the obvious

breaking apart in the atmosphere

loosing tonnage like a meteorite

I was fourteen when I lost my virginity

and acted like a complete asshole afterwards

like a proud lion

roaring at the setting sun and sticking my bird chest out

I came nervous and fast and paid her little mind.

There was nothing special about my first time.

I don’t even remember her name.

I was the son of a motherfucker

punkrock pixie dust in my coat pocket

and traveling money I stole from my grandmother

along with pharmaceutical weapon

and sense of self divine

later entire homes and barns would burn

there has always been something about me and fire

the best devil to blow

Mandarin embers in the windy attic

a quick singe to the black earth

firetruck, firetruck arson man

never had a clue

never had a plan

just danced myself from womb to tomb

with T-Rex bloom and doom and soon

found myself at the center of the universe

playing a skipping record

I need to be knocked into

I was in a rut

I couldn’t stop talking about myself.

I was experiencing life for god.

I am god.

I am.

Amen.

There is mysticism appreciative of the gift

a link to the divine and to the self.

There is a key to enlightenment

that opens no doors

and a secret word that can not be spoken

but being free of schizophrenia

I confess no direct line

no words from the all mighty

save every word our of my mouth and yours.

Experience God in your every action.

No comments:

Post a Comment