Sunday, April 22, 2012


Metaphysical Bartering


trade you a buffalo for a U.F.O.     a condom for a child
a kiss for a wish, or a dish of a well struggled mile

you can have my Christ for a story
that separates god from gold and glory

trade you a bible for a pistol     a poem for a riddle 
a list of the parts most missed     for something to miss

you can have my breath for a star
an infinite light burnt out
for a rusty hook to hang it on

trade you some noise for silence    an attractive distraction
for a cost design,     rope to get down
for a mountain to climb

you can have my best kept secret truths
for a well kept cloudy room
full of hustlers, drunks, and whores
who are mothers and lovers to incompetent fathers

trade you a messiah for a natural slaughter
a can of gasoline for your daughter
a town too bright for a light
and a fuse to use in the night

you can have my higher for something soft to land on
a pillow-pan for a dreamier head of laurel

trade you lick for lick     an eye for a tooth
a sucker punch truth best kept in a cloudy room

you can have my bomb for a boom
my soul for a womb
that exits me out a cleaner tomorrow






No comments:

Post a Comment